The Three Types of Video every Brand Needs
Give your sales funnel a rock sold foundation with these 3 essential videos.
Why it’s important to create tiers of content.
If you’d like to convert more leads into customers from social media, or help your clients do the same - you’ll need to create 3 separate types of content.
Tier 01: Lifestyle content to introduce people to your brand.
Tier 02: Branded content that allows people to see if you’re a fit for each other.
Tier 03: Product content that extols the features and benefits of working with you.
Don’t make this mistake
Most businesses make the mistake of only making the third tier of content.
- Don’t neglect the content that introduces yourself before creating the content that sells yourself.
- The first to tiers are intended to warm people up to you gradually.
- At the center of each of these content types should be video. So if you’re starting from scratch - create these 3 videos first!
Tier 01: Lifestyle video
Create a connection through shared interests.
- These are your regular, consistent programming.
- You should publishing one of these every week at least.
- They should be a mixture of entertaining and informative, with a focus on the lifestyle surrounding your brand.
- This could be as simple as showing happy people living their best life.
Tier 02: Brand video
Explain who your customers are and how you help them.
- This is an explainer video that goes at the top of your website.
- You might update this video annually or by-annually if your business is constantly evolving.
- The video is focused on your customers and how you help them - in doing so it introduces your business and services.
- This could be a mixture of talking head and motion-graphics.
Tier 03: Product video
Describe the story of your product or services to interested parties.
- This video is for people that have connected with your brand and want to know if you can help them.
- Focus on why the product was created, what problem it solves, and how it will make customers feel.
- People would see this video deeper into your website, in an email, as a YouTube pre-roll, or as an Instagram/Facebook ad.
- The ideal product video takes the form of a customer testimonial.
These are your content pillars
Learn to create these three types of videos for yourself and your clients.
- Create storytelling formulas that match your brand, so that you don’t re-invent the wheel every time.
- Make a schedule of when to plan, create, and publish your Tier 01 content - work it into your schedule like going to the gym.
- Most businesses have never thought about creating content this way, but once you explain it to them it makes perfect sense.